POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CT:s during live fire exercise... : Re: CT:s during live fire exercise... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CT:s during live fire exercise...
From: RusHHouR
Date: 18 Oct 2006 08:05:00
Message: <web.453617b19ae30da747d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
>From: Spock
>Seated dude's butt appears to be several inches above the chair...

He is not seated in an ergonomical postition. Thus his butt is not placed
all the way back on the chair. That and the camera angle gives this, I
think.

>From: scott
>The other guy is probably thinking "you noob, use ASDW not the arrow keys".

HAHAHAHAHA, he could very well be! It's cool that you noticed. :)

>From: Kyle
>Lots of crates and explosive barrels are a must!
>Where did you get the models?

Crates are almost a must with cs, i agree.
Models are from the games .mdl file, converted to ini-files in MilkSkape 3d.

>From: Thomas de Groot
>There's a broken cable there on the ground!! That's why they look so
>perplexed :-)
>
>As a contrast, I would use a very soft, delicate interior.
>
>Good start!!

Haha, I should have croped the image...
Yes, the interior contrast thing is a thought. Anything with details is
contrast though.. ;)

>From: Data Banks
>I'd be perplexed too if it was the monitor cable broken & yet it was still
>working ;)
>
>Hrm, the tower would imply that - a nicely carpeted office or study. Will
>make the CTs looks odd

Since it seems hard to make this scene believable, aiming for odd may not be
so bad... ;)

Thanks all!!